You have to try out these amazing keto Halloween brownies that contain less than 1.5 grams of net carbs per serving.
This easy low carb Halloween brownies taste AMAZING and are ready to eat in under an hour. Plus, they’re also sugar-free and gluten-free and you and the entire family can enjoy these with no guilt!
Halloween is a special time for many people, and if you’re looking for amazing keto-friendly recipe ideas that you can make that are delicious for get-togethers, birthdays, or just for the family, you must try these brownies out.
Tips and tricks to make keto brownies
- Don’t over beat the eggs as this introduces too much air into the batter, causing the brownies to be more cake-like and less dense.
- If you live at a higher elevation or where the humidity is low, use extra large eggs or add an extra egg for moisture which will give your brownies better body and texture.
- To give your brownies great texture, bake them for only twenty minutes at 400 degrees F or 220 degrees C and then cool them in a pan of ice water. The ice keeps the brownies from rising and creates a crisp crust on the outside, while leaving the brownies soft and creamy on the inside.
- Make sure all your ingredients are at room temperature. If your flour is too cool or your eggs are being used straight from the refrigerator or your water is too cold, or the chocolate too hot, you’ll “shock” the ingredients and affect the brownie’s density and texture.
How many carbs are in brownies?
Typically, there are anywhere from 14 – 20 grams of carbs found in brownies depending on the ingredients you use. However, for this particular recipe, there are only 2.3 grams of total carbs or 1.5 grams of net carbs in each piece of brownie.
Ingredients for keto Halloween brownies
• 1 cup granulated Erythritol
• ½ cup almond flour
• ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
• ¼ tsp baking powder
• 3 eggs
• ½ cup melted butter
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
Cream cheese layer:
• 8oz. cream cheese
• ¼ cup Erythritol
• ½ tsp vanilla extract
• Orange food coloring
How to make keto Halloween brownies
To begin, gather your ingredients in one place and preheat the oven to 350F.
In a mixing bowl, combine Erythritol, almond flour, cocoa, and baking powder.
In a separate bowl, beat eggs, butter, and vanilla then fold the dry ingredients into the liquid ingredients.
Stir until smooth and transfer the mixture into a parchment-paper lined baking dish.
Next, make the cream cheese layer; whisk all ingredients until smooth.
Spoon the topping over the low carb brownie batter and swirl using a skewer or a knife.
Bake these yummy keto Halloween brownies for 30-35 minutes and cool on a wire rack. Then cut into 14 brownies.
How to store keto halloween brownies
If you plan on storing brownies rather than eating them right away, it is best not to cut them until you are ready to eat. Cutting brownies will allow more air to enter them. So if storing for Halloween, do not cut them. Instead, wrap in a parchment paper and plastic foil and store in a fridge up to a week.
For freezing, you are going to want to wrap the brownies very tightly, preferably in plastic wrap (that is key to keeping brownies fresh!). Then, store the brownies in the freezer for up to three months. To serve; thaw brownies and serve.
More keto recipes
- 1 cup granulated Erythritol
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8oz. cream cheese
- ¼ cup Erythritol
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Orange food coloring
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine Erythritol, almond flour, cocoa, and baking powder.
3. In a separate bowl, beat eggs, butter, and vanilla.
4. Fold the dry ingredients into the liquid ones. Stir until smooth and transfer the mixture into a parchment-paper lined baking dish.
5. Make the cream cheese layer; whisk all ingredients until smooth.
6. Spoon the topping over the brownie batter and swirl using a skewer or a knife.
7. Bake the brownies for 30-35 minutes and cool on a wire rack.
8. Cut and serve.
Serving Size:1 brownie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 165Total Fat: 16.4gSaturated Fat: 9.7gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 127mgCarbohydrates: 2.8gNet Carbohydrates: 1.5gFiber: 1.3gSugar: 0.2gProtein: 3.8g